Mica Levi is an accomplished musician, composer and producer based in the UK.
Her scores for films including Jackie (dir. Pablo Larraín) and Under The Skin (dir. Jonathan Glazer) have received rave reviews and awards.
- The latest film she has scored is Monos (dir. Alejandro Landes), released in September 2019.
- As the leader of Micachu & The Shapes – Mica released three ground-breaking studio albums including the critically acclaimed debut – Jewellery in 2009.
- Mica has also written and produced for Mount Kimbie and Tirzah (whose debut album produced by Mica received Best New Music by Pitchfork).
Mica was nominated for an Oscar in 2017 for Best Original Score for Jackie – becoming the first female nominee in 16 years and the 5th female nominee in the history of the Academy Awards.
- In 2018 she won an Ivor Novello award for “Best Original Film Score” for her Jackie score.
- For Under The Skin Mica received a European Film Award for Best Composer and a BAFTA Best Film Music nomination.
PRAISE FOR MICA LEVI:
“Now, three Micachu albums and two film scores later, Mica Levi — one of the most promising indie auteurs of the last 10 years — is an Oscar-nominated composer. Whether she ends up focusing on one career over the other or effectively balances both remains to be seen. But undoubtedly, the world is a more interesting place for having someone whose musical talents are as suited to prestige biopics as DIY rock venues. “- Billboard
Please get in touch with us for a showreel or sampler.